The application period for the 2022-23 academic year scholarships is now closed. The deadline to apply was Friday, March 11, 2022.
With the myriad challenges facing today’s students, the Petoskey-Harbor Springs Area Community Foundation and its scholarship program is working to lessen the financial burden for students who are continuing their education. If you are a student in Emmet County graduating this spring and planning to continue your education this fall, the Community Foundation invites you to peruse the variety of scholarship opportunities available. A total of 39 scholarships are available for students who will be attending community college, university, or trade and vocational programs in the 2022-23 academic year. Eligibility and selection criteria vary by scholarship and include financial need, academic excellence, community service or pursuit of a particular field of study. Scholarships are available for non-traditional students, homeschool students and adults continuing their education. Some areas of study include building trades, hospitality, culinary arts, nursing or allied health and education.
The variety of scholarships available through the Community Foundation is made possible by generous donors who have established the funds, often in honor of a loved one or to support students from their alma mater or home town.
How to Apply
- Review the available scholarships below and decide if any of the scholarships are a match for you.
- Gather supporting documents, including: transcript with first semester final grades, Student Aid Report from the FAFSA, financial award letter(s), SAT and/or ACT scores.
- Identify someone to submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. The letter of recommendation should be completed by someone who knows you well, like an instructor, work supervisor, religious advisor, or community mentor and is able to write a personalized letter that speaks to what makes you uniquely qualified for scholarship support. It should not be completed by a relative or classmate. During the application process you will have the option to upload a letter, if you have one in your possession, or invite your letter writer to submit one to the scholarship portal electronically.
- Login to our scholarship portal and click “create new account” and complete the registration form. You must register a new account before you can access the application.
- Click “Apply” to begin your application. Please be sure to review and save your information before clicking submit. Once you click “Submit” you will not be able to make edits to your application. The Application can be started, saved, and completed at a later date if needed.
- Complete any additional requirements for the scholarships listed on your dashboard – each one will require that you click “submit” or “decline” separately.
- Scholarship recipients will be announced at your school’s awards ceremony.
- Scholarships must be claimed by June 30 in order to be processed in time for your first college payment.
Note: If you are in the Early College Program you should apply for scholarships in your 5th year, the last year of the Early College Program.
Scholarship renewals – If you were awarded a scholarship eligible for renewal, please contact [email protected] to indicate your intention to renew and receive the renewal application. Renewal applications are due on the same day as our regular scholarship applications.