About the Community Foundation
Wherever you go in Emmet County, you’ll find your Community Foundation at work: helping enrich the lives of our elders, supporting programs for children, reaching out to friends and neighbors in need, expanding parks and recreational activities, protecting our environment, enhancing health services and bringing more music, art, and cultural opportunities to our area.
To improve the quality of life for all people in Emmet County, by:
- Connecting donors with community needs
- Building a permanent source of charitable funds to serve our area
- Addressing a broad range of community issues through innovative grant making
- Championing philanthropy and active citizenship
In striving to accomplish our mission, the staff, board, and volunteers of the Petoskey-Harbor Springs Area Community Foundation will abide by the following core values and principles:
- Collaboration – We seek to be a thoughtful and respected partner, to tackle issues for the greater good in Emmet County.
- Resource – We have a proud history of connecting people, organizations, needs, know-how and funding.
- Inclusion – We know that meaningful representation and engaging the full spectrum of our community leads us to better solutions. Diversity of perspectives is an asset to any community seeking to improve the quality of life for all.
- Leadership – We are in a unique position to serve as a visionary catalyst for positive change. In doing so, we challenge ourselves and the status quo, and we hope to influence other leaders to innovate together.