About the Community Foundation
Wherever you go in Emmet County, you'll find your community foundation at work - helping enrich the lives of our elders, supporting programs for children, reaching out to friends and neighbors in need, expanding parks and recreational activities, protecting our environment, enhancing health services and bringing more music, art, and cultural opportunities to our area.
To improve the quality of life for all people in Emmet County, by:
- Connecting donors with community needs
- Building a permanent source of charitable funds to serve our area
- Addressing a broad range of community issues through innovative grant making
- Championing philanthropy and active citizenship
In striving to accomplish our mission, the staff, board, and volunteers of the Petoskey-Harbor Springs Area Community Foundation will abide by the following core values and principles:
- Responsibility - We manage and distribute important financial assets with the utmost fiscal responsibility for the long-term health of our community.
- Respect - We respect the wishes of our donors as well as the needs of our community.
- Honesty - We communicate clearly and manage our business affairs with transparency and in so doing build trust and long-term relationships.
- Leadership - We promote collaboration, inclusivity, and creativity to build community leadership capacity.
- Service - We strengthen our community by making possible the work of individuals and organizations committed to service.