Why give through the Community Foundation?
- Your gift can enrich and enhance our community now and for many generations to come
- You are thoughtful with your assets
- You want to make sure your gifts work as hard as you have
- You value the importance of leadership in the community
- You expect fiscal responsibility
- You appreciate maximum tax deductibility
- You want your gift to have a lasting impact right here in the community you love
IRA Charitable Giving
Congress has passed and the President has signed an extension of the IRA Charitable Rollover. And the really good news is that it is not only retroactive for 2015 but it is now permanent!
If you are 70½ or older, you may transfer up to $100,000 annually from your IRA to a qualified public charity like the Petoskey-Harbor Springs Area Community Foundation. Any type of fund at the Community Foundation, other than a donor advised fund, may receive an IRA Charitable Rollover gift or use the Rollover to establish a fund (other than a donor advised fund). Perhaps your favorite agency endowment fund or field of interest fund? Your gift will not be subject to federal income tax and will qualify for your required minimum distribution (RMD).
Policies covering privacy/confidentiality and gift acceptance are available upon request. Please contact us at 231-348-5820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org